She's alive! Rescuer bursts into tears as he pulls a newborn girl from the rubble of a bombed building in Syria - after Aleppo is described as 'a giant kill box' with 3,800 civilians killed in Russian air strikes in just ONE YEAR
Thousands killed since Russian bombings began on September 30, 2015
At least 20,000 civilians have also been wounded in the Russian raids
Doctors Without Borders said 'bombs are raining' on east Aleppo
More than 100,000 children remain trapped in east Aleppo
The United Nations warns that a humanitarian catastrophe is unfolding
Russia and U.S. have traded blame for last week's ceasefire collapse
10,000 Syrian-led ground troops have amassed east of Aleppo
WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES
A Syrian rescue worker has been filmed breaking down in tears as he heroically pulled a 30-day-old baby girl from the rubble of a bombed building, in the city of Idlib on Thursday.
White Helmets volunteer Abu Kifah recovered the girl alive after two hours of digging and held her close before the pair were rushed off in an ambulance to one of Syria's horrendously overcrowded hospitals.
At least 11 civilians, including seven children, died during attacks on Idlib, nearby Jarjanaz and central Hama province on Thursday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
An agonising 365 days have now passed since Russia began its 'barbarous' and relentless bombing campaign on Syria in support of President Bashar al-Assad.
Putin's bombs have killed more than 3,800 civilians in this time, a monitoring group said on Friday as international outcry mounted.
Bombs are raining from Syria-led coalition planes and the whole of east Aleppo has become a giant kill box,' Doctors Without Borders (MSF) director of operations Xisco Villalonga said on Friday.
The aid charity appealed to the Syrian government and its Russian ally to stop bombing rebel-held eastern Aleppo, warning they were provoking a 'bloodbath' among civilians in the city.
The Syrian government must stop the indiscriminate bombing, and Russia as an indispensable political and military ally of Syria has the responsibility to exert the pressure to stop this,' he said.
The United Nations has warned that a humanitarian catastrophe is unfolding in Aleppo unlike any witnessed so far in Syria's brutal five-year war, which has claimed more than 300,000 lives.
According to the UN, only around 35 doctors remain in eastern Aleppo, where an estimated 250,000 people have been under siege by government forces since early September.
The MSF statement cited numbers from the east Aleppo health directorate, showing that from September 21 to 26, the few hospitals still functioning in the rebel-held part of the city received some 278 dead bodies, including at least 96 children.
More than 822 wounded were also taken in, including at least 221 children, it said.
'All intensive care units are full. Patients have to wait for others to die so they can be moved to an available bed in intensive care,' Abu Waseem, manager of an MSF-supported trauma hospital in east Aleppo, warned in the statement.
'We only have three operating theatres and yesterday alone we had to do more than 20 major abdominal surgeries,' he said, pointing out that 'hospital staff is working up to 20 hours a day. They cannot just go home and let people die.'
MSF said it had last been able to deliver medical supplies to east Aleppo in August, and warned that the huge number of wounded was rapidly depleting the stocks in the remaining hospitals.