Addis Ababa – Adama Expressway ride

Your video will begin in 10
You can skip to video in 5

Thanks! Share it with your friends!


You disliked this video. Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry, only registred users can create playlists.

Added by Admin in Various Videos


The Addis Ababa–Adama Expressway is a toll road that connects Addis Ababa to Adama[ also called Nazreth]. It is the first expressway in Ethiopia. The road was built between 2010 and 2014 by the China Communications Construction Company. The government opened the highway for traffic on September 14, 2014. The Government of Ethiopia covered 43 percent of the road’s construction cost, while the remaining 57 percent was supplied by a loan from the Exim Bank of China.
The highway, with six lanes on two sides for its 84.7-kilometre (52.6 mi) length, aims to abate the heavy traffic between its two endpoints. It reduces the time required to reach Adama from Addis Ababa to 45 minutes, a reduction of more than 50 percent over the time on previously available routes.
Source of the text information in the description: wikipedia

While this video was being recorded, the world record holder athlete Kenenisa Bekele was being interviewed on the radio. He was speaking about his discontent that the Ethiopian Athletics Federation excluded him from the marathon team representing Ethiopia in the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

Post your comment

Sign in or sign up to post comments.


Be the first to comment